Parish Council Notices
Changes in guidance from 29th March 2021
- you can meet outdoors either in a group of 6 (from any number of households), or in a group of any size from up to 2 households (each household can include existing support bubbles, if eligible)
- you can take part in formally organised outdoor sports with any number of people (outdoor sports venues and facilities will be able to reopen)
- childcare and supervised activities are allowed outdoors for all children
- formally organised parent and child groups can take place outdoors for up to 15 attendees. Children under 5 are not counted in this number
For the latest Government Guidance:
The Bubbenhall Emergency Committee has organised a team of volunteers to support villagers during these difficult times. If you are not able to go out and need help with shopping, fetching medical supplies, posting letters or just having a friendly chat with someone, please contact one of the people below:
- Bob Powell 02476 303433
- Tony Cox 07803 782713
- Jan Lucas 07847 015154
Spring Water on the Green
Please note that the water from the pump on the green has been tested recently and coliform bacteria has been found in it. Coliform in itself is not dangerous, but it could signify other pathogens, and so the Parish Council are recommending that the water should not be drunk. The Parish Council will be monitoring the water, with the aid of WDC environmental health, and any changes will be notified here.
Please note also that the water from the spout is definitely not drinkable, and never will be
Make the right call
Warwickshire Police have launched a series of help and advice pages and donwloadable leaflets in the contact section of their website. The information is there to support members of the public in 'making the right call' in the event of something happening and to make the right call to the right service first time. This, in turn, will reduce the number of calls going in to the Warwickshire Police communications centre, meaning that the staff are available for the Grade 1 emergency calls and to reduce the waiting time for anyone calling on 101.
Please click on the following link to see the information: make the right call
New permissive paths in Bubbenhall Wood
In 2016, Bubbenhall Wood and Bubbenhall Meadow (the land between Ryton Pools and Bubbenhall Wood) were bought by Warwickshire Wildlife Trust. Their aim is to give greater access to the countryside and as part of this plan they have opened up two new permissive paths:
1. From Shrubs Lodge across Bubbenhall Meadow, finishing in Pagets Lane opposite the new entrance to Bubbenhall Wood.
2. A circular walk around Bubbenhall Wood, accessible either from the new entrance in Pagets Lane, or from Middle Ride (the existing public footpath)
Please note that dogs are required to be kept on a lead at all times, and kept well away from the pools in the meadow.
Please remember that parking in Pagets Lane causes problems for local residents.
Audit of Parish Council Accounts
The Certificate of Exemption 2020/21 - Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) of the Parish Council has been completed and has been recorded in item 3 of the minutes 22nd June 2021.