Parish Council Notices
Livestock worrying and dog safety
The lighter nights are upon us and the warmer weather is just around the corner. This makes it all the more enjoyable to take your dog out for a walk in the countryside. To help keep you and your dog safe, please follow the below advice:
- Keep your dog close, under control, in sight and on a short lead around cows and sheep.
- Cows are inquisitive and may come over to investigate, especially if you have a dog with you.
- Do not panic or run if cattle follow you. Stay calm and walk quietly and quickly around the herd.
- Cows can be protective of their young. If cattle are on/near to the footpath, go around the herd and rejoin the footpath as soon as possible.
- If you're threatened by cattle release your dog so that you can both get to safety separately.
- Dog faeces can spread disease to farm animals. 'Bag it & Bin it' wherever you are. Dispose of the pooh bag in a waste bin. If there is no waste bin available, please take it home.
- To ensure the health of farm animals and your dog, please prevent your dog from getting into water troughs. Follow your vet's advice on worming.
Make the right call
Warwickshire Police have launched a series of help and advice pages and donwloadable leaflets in the contact section of their website. The information is there to support members of the public in 'making the right call' in the event of something happening and to make the right call to the right service first time. This, in turn, will reduce the number of calls going in to the Warwickshire Police communications centre, meaning that the staff are available for the Grade 1 emergency calls and to reduce the waiting time for anyone calling on 101.
Please click on the following link to see the information: make the right call
New permissive paths in Bubbenhall Wood
In 2016, Bubbenhall Wood and Bubbenhall Meadow (the land between Ryton Pools and Bubbenhall Wood) were bought by Warwickshire Wildlife Trust. Their aim is to give greater access to the countryside and as part of this plan they have opened up two new permissive paths:
1. From Shrubs Lodge across Bubbenhall Meadow, finishing in Pagets Lane opposite the new entrance to Bubbenhall Wood.
2. A circular walk around Bubbenhall Wood, accessible either from the new entrance in Pagets Lane, or from Middle Ride (the existing public footpath)
Please note that dogs are required to be kept on a lead at all times, and kept well away from the pools in the meadow.
Please remember that parking in Pagets Lane causes problems for local residents.
Refuse and recycling calendars go online
From 1st January 2016 all refuse and recycling collection calendars will be online. You will no longer receive a paper version. Don’t worry, you can still download and print your calendar at home or simply check your collection dates online when you need to.
Just visit www.warwickdc.gov.uk/wastecollections and enter your postcode.
Latest site updates